U.S. Immigration

We help individuals, families, and businesses travel to, work, and live in United States. 

Sisu Legal, is an international immigration law firm with offices in Troy, Michigan and Windsor, Ontario. Primarily serving clients in metro Detroit and Essex County. The firm works with families abroad and American citizens and residents throughout United States. We help families unite with loved ones from overseas. Family reunification is at the core of what we do. Family is essential.

US Residency - Green Cards: 

  • Family based 
  • Employment based 
  • TPS to green card 
  • Adjustment of Status 


      H-1B Visas – Specialty Occupation Work Visa for Professional Employees

      • An H-1B visa allows a foreign person with at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in work experience to work in the U.S., if the position the foreigner will fill requires such preparation, and the employer agrees to pay the individual the prevailing wage for such a position in the location of employment.  Under an H-1B visa, the person will be in non-immigrant status (meaning that the person will not be residing permanently in the U.S.). However, the individual may apply for permanent residency afterwards. This is appropriate for someone who has a specialty job offer in the U.S. (requiring a bachelor degree or its equivalent in relevant work) and wants to start working as soon as possible.

      E-1 Visa (Treaty Trader) for Traders – E-2 Visa (Treaty Investor)

      • The E visa category was designed to give effect to trade and investment treaties between the U.S. and foreign nations providing reciprocal benefits to the nationals the nations signing the treaties; in this way, facilitating commercial interaction between the U.S. and treaty of countries.
      • It allows investors making a substantial investment in the U.S.; or business owners, managers, and employees of an enterprise conducting trade between the U.S. and a treaty nation, who need to remain in the U.S. for extended periods of time to supervise work performed in the U.S., to be able to live and work lawfully.

        L-1 Visa:

        • There are two kinds of L visas:

          • L-1A Visa-for employees in an executive or managerial position, and
          • L-1B Visa-for employees in a specialized knowledge capacity
        • The L-1 Visa is a non-immigrant work visa for employees in a specialized knowledge capacity or an executive or managerial position who are being transferred from a foreign company to a U.S. subsidiary, branch, affiliate or parent of the original foreign company. There are no limits to the number of L-1 visas that the U.S. Immigration Service can issue per year and the petitioning company does not have to obtain a prevailing wage approval or file any documents with the Department of Labor. L-1 visa aliens may possess dual intent, allowing them to apply for a permanent residency concurrently with the L Visa application. L-1A aliens do not need to go through the labor certification process when applying for permanent residency, however, L-1B aliens do.

        O Visas – for foreigners of outstanding ability

        • An O Visa is a non-immigrant visa that may be granted by USCIS to an individual who has extraordinary ability in the areas of sciences, arts, education, business, athletics or who has had extraordinary achievement in the motion picture and television industry and received national or international recognition.

        TN Visa

        • The TN nonimmigrant classification permits qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in business activities at a professional level.

          Among the types of professionals who are eligible to seek admission as TN nonimmigrants are accountants, engineers, lawyers, pharmacists, scientists, and teachers. You may be eligible for TN nonimmigrant status, if:

          • You are a citizen of Canada or Mexico;
          • Your profession qualifies under the regulations;
          • The position in the United States requires a NAFTA professional;
          • You have a prearranged full-time or part-time job with a U.S. employer (but not self-employment - see documentation required below); and
          • You have the qualifications to practice in the profession in question.

        US Student Visa - F - Visa

        •  F visas are a type of non-immigrant student visa that allows foreigners to pursue education (academic studies and/or language training programs) in the United States. F-1 students must maintain a full course of study.

        US Visitor Visa - B1/B2

        • Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1), for tourism (visa category B-2), or for a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).