Important notes for those interested in the management consultant TN Visa. The management consultant category of the TN Visa is one of the most highly scrutinized categories.
It is important to have a well-prepared application from the start instead of trying to overturn a previous denial. Read below to understand the requirements of a management consultant TN Visa.
The positions for management consultants vary widely and generate a lot of interest among applicants.
Both Canada and United States accept TN Visa applications for management consultants.
What nationalities qualify for a TN Visa?
What are the educational/ experience requirements for a management consultant TN Visa?
You may qualify as management consultants by holding a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura degree or by having five years of experience in specialty related to the consulting agreement.
Consultants probably have the most diverse backgrounds and credentials of any TNs.
One of the few categories that does not absolutely require any post-secondary education.
It is important to show how you possess at least 5 years of experience as a consultant or in a related field related to the consulting agreement.
How can an applicant show they meet the educational or experience requirements?
- Reference letters from the applicant’s previous employers detailing dates of employment and duties performed are helpful.
- Reference letters from the applicant’s previous employers detailing the applicant’s skills, expertise and accomplishments.
- Letter from previous employer offering an opinion on how the applicant’s previous experiences provides a basis for consulting.
- Letter from a professor or industry professional confirming an individual’s industry professional experience and their ability to fill the consulting engagement.
- Copies of diplomas or certificates, training accreditations, etc.
- Proof of industry membership
Job Duties - Management Consultants
What do management consultants do?
Management consultants provide services that are directed toward improving the performance of public and private entities by analyzing and resolving strategic and operating problems:
- and economic performance
What are some examples of the issues management consultants advise on?
What is the goal of management consultants?
Management consultants seek to improve the entity’s goals, objectives, policies, strategies, administration, organization, and operation.
Management consultants provide strategies to businesses to implement.
What do management consultants NOT do?
- Management consultants should not be involved in the day-to-day operations of a company, but rather should consider themselves separate from its operations and look objectively at its activities to identify areas for improvement.
How are management consultant services provided?
Management consultant services are expected to be of a temporary, periodic, or fixed consulting nature, rather than performed as full-time employment.
Management consultants are usually independent contractors or employees of consulting firms under contracts to U.S. entities.
They may be salaried employees of the U.S. entities to which they are providing services only when they are not assuming existing positions or filling newly created positions.
As a salaried employee of such an U.S. entity, they may only fill supernumerary temporary positions.
There is one exception...
If the employer is a U.S. management-consulting firm, the employee may be coming temporarily to fill a permanent position.
TN Visa Application for Management Consultants
What should be included in a management consultant application?
- A detailed explanation of the hiring entity
- A detailed explanation of why the entity wants to hire the applicant
- A detailed description of what the entity wants to individual to do
- Organization chart of the professionals whom the consultant will advise
- Description and overview of the business goals/ areas the consultant will advise on
- Industry information that verifies the company’s goals, ideas and their need for a consultant
- If applicable, evidence showing it is normal for a consultant to advise companies in that area.
If you have any more questions or need help in getting a management consultant application prepared, please book a consultation.